Staying safe at the zoo - Covid-19 measures
Please take a look at this page for all you need to know about our Covid-19 safety measures and staying safe during your zoo visit.
In line with Government guidance; face coverings must be worn in ALL indoor buildings, with an exception for children under the age of 11 or those with medical or other exemptions. We thank you for your cooperation with this.
nhs test and trace
The QR codes to register your visit on the NHS Test and Trace app will be available to scan at our main entrance building.
• In order to help reduce the risk of a local outbreak, we are taking contact details for visitors, as well as recording the time you visited the zoo.
• In line with guidance issued by the Department for Health and Social Care, we will keep your details for 21 days. We will share them with Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow guest or staff member testing positive for coronavirus.
• Data will be handled according to GDPR, security and ethical standards at every stage of the process from its collection and storage by us to its transfer and use by NHS Test and Trace. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data and it will be used only for NHS care, management, evaluation and research.
• If you do not want us to use your data for this purpose, please tell us by emailing [email protected].
• For more information about NHS Test and Trace, please visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works.
covid safety measures at the zoo
The following measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff:
• Protective screening is in place at contact points - including the Information Desk, ticket desks, food outlets and gift shops.
• Card payments are preferred where possible.
• Floor markings are in place around the zoo to remind everyone of the 2-metre social distancing rule and to inform of suggested one-way routes.
• There are plenty of hand sanitiser points around the zoo.
• There's signage posters around the zoo to remind visitors and staff of social distancing and handwashing guidelines.
• Outdoor play areas are open with social distancing signage and extra cleaning measures.
• All indoor exhibits are closed.
• Our face painting barn remains closed.
• In order to prevent crowds, we are unable to run any animal feeding times or keeper talks.
• You can still hire mobility scooters and wheelchairs and the pre-booking of these remains essential. Once you have secured an arrival time slot, please call 01637 873342 to book a scooter/wheelchair. All mobility scooters and wheelchairs are thoroughly cleaned after every use, then left for 24 hours. Please note additional costs apply.
• Our cleaning team continue to work extremely hard to ensure all contact points are regularly sanitised throughout the day.
• All toilets and washroom facilities are cleaned at regular intervals throughout the day and all are well ventilated.
• Guests are asked to observe social distancing and to use sanitiser prior to and upon leaving toilets and to thoroughly wash their hands.
• Where any assessment of areas has highlighted that a space is not adequate to maintain social distancing, some facilities within these toilets may be closed.
Our team of First Aiders have received extra training on how to administer First Aid during these times. Social distancing will be maintained where possible. In the event that social distancing is not possible the team will wear the correct PPE in order to give the appropriate care.
Please click here to view our latest COVID risk assessment.
We hope this explains all you need to know, however if you have any other questions our team are on hand to help, please call 01637 873342 or email us at [email protected]